Sunday, August 7, 2011

Of Cabbages And Kings...

The time has come the Walrus said, in Lewis Carroll's famous poem, The Walrus and the Carpenter, to speak of many things. Of shoes and ships and sealing wax, and cabbages and kings...
I was driving north yesterday and spent some time as I usually do, in the delightful little town of Warkworth, on the extremities of Auckland City.
And there, the local council have grown these beautiful 'wild cabbages' also known as Kale or Borecole in the town's gardens.
Nutritionists consider these plants to be the most nutritious vegetable in the world.
I'm surprised the locals haven't eaten them yet.
Perhaps they will...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. To eat, kale needs a frost, with potato mash and boereworst sausage, a healthy winter meal. Had many of those in Holland years ago. With these flowers I'd leave them alone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A rose is edible also but...I just want to look at it.

    ReplyDelete