Thursday, December 22, 2011

What Can Happen To Old Airstreams...

If they're lucky they go to good homes and people who respect and restore them.
If not they could very well end up at Airstream Ranch, another art installation in Texas where they already have the Cadillac Ranch.
You can see that and more Airstreams on amusingplanet.com
Frank Bates who owns a franchise for Airstream wanted to show the world something, I'm not sure what, but finally after two years of fighting local bureaucrats, Bates evidently won his battle but the results aren't pretty...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Wow, didn't know they did that with Airstreams. I did know that they did it with cars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many people could have had shelter from the cold? Sometimes I am ashamed of my country.

    the rat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Agree more often than not I too feel ashamed of my America....

      Delete
  3. This really made me cringe... especially since I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO want one of these and think of all the Kindred Spirits who would have lovingly restored and utilized them the proper way. {insert huge groan and sigh}...

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete